GLib Reference Manual
String Utility Functions
- various string-related functions.
Character Set Conversion
- convert strings between different character sets using iconv().
- functions operating on Unicode characters and UTF-8 strings.
- gettext support macros.
Date and Time Functions
- calendrical calculations and miscellaneous time stuff.
- pseudo-random number generator.
- support for manipulating lists of hook functions.
Miscellaneous Utility Functions
- a selection of portable utility functions.
- a general purpose lexical scanner.
Automatic String Completion
- support for automatic completion using a group of target strings.
- keep track of elapsed time.
- process launching with fork()/exec().
- various file-related functions.
- shell-like commandline handling.
Commandline option parser
- parses commandline options
Glob-style pattern matching
- matches strings against patterns containing '*' (wildcard) and '?' (joker).
Simple XML Subset Parser
- parses a subset of XML.
Key-value file parser
- parses .ini-like config files
Windows Compatibility Functions
- UNIX emulation on Windows.
<< Message Logging
String Utility Functions >>